Friday, January 20, 2012

Well, I finally was able to make a visit to the house, the weather was agreeable to the extent, there was no snow, but it was COLD.. left work at 12:30 am got home, packed up, and headed north. We arrived at the house between 5 and 5:30am to find ourselves in minus 22f degree weather..ouch!  I went around snapping some pictures, trying to capture a different view of things, but when it comes down to it, its the same old photos I have been showing, but I will post them anyway.




Now in this photo, I'm standing right at the front door.. to the right, is the parlor, straight ahead is the living room, then into the kitchen. If you click on the photo, you can see why I want to replace the floor.. or just cover it over, replacing it is my preference, but not being a wood floor expert.. I just can't be sure which to choose.
Here is a view of the kitchen I don't believe I have shown in a while.. if you look far in the right rear corner, it's the little kitchen nook.. we placed the corner china cabinet that came with the house there, it's open to the mud room which is hidden behind that yellow wall.. where the half bath, and small closet is.

To the left where the old fridge is, is where my credenza will be going. I'm not sure how to spell it, but that's what I was told it was called . My credenza, is a cabinet, which holds a table, constructed of a bunch of leaves.. you can draw it out as far as you like, and just add another leaf, which comes all contained with in.

That will be used as our dining room table, if ever needed, but it can stay tucked away inside the cabinet while not in use.
Here is a photo of the masterbedroom, still undergoing some trim application, I believe it needs one more window of woodwork added, and then the closet can be finished.
Overall, I was very pleased as to what has been done, I don't have a chance to visit too often, it was so nice to see all the work done.. and now it is easier to decide what is next on my list of things to do. I may have more photos after this weekend.. it's snow storm time..every trip is conditional now.

No comments: